Duplicates are bound to happen! Especially when you have a list of contacts in which some details don't align with the matching contact within your database.
There are some fields Nimble will merge on automatically to help avoid duplicates, based on the type of import you perform:
- If you are importing a CSV file with contacts, Nimble will merge duplicates based on email address. On the third page of the CSV import process, you can choose to merge on name when email is not available.
- If you are importing a CSV file with companies, Nimble will merge duplicates based on domain URL and email when there is no match by domain. On the third page of the CSV import process, you can choose to merge on domain or name when email is not available.
- Contacts imported through social will be merged based on social profile URL (social handle) and name.
- Contacts imported through the mobile app will be merged based on phone number and name
- Contacts imported through our PieSync integration are merged based on email address
When contacts and companies are not automatically merged upon import, you can merge them manually using these features in Nimble:
Manually merging from the Contact List View
Nimble can merge up to four duplicate contacts at a time. To merge duplicate contacts, take the following steps:
- Go to your Contacts tab (list view) and select 2-4 duplicate records
- At the top of the list, select "Merge"
Please note: If the option to "Merge" does not become active, then you may have selected to merge a contact and a company. This action cannot be performed in Nimble.
Automatically Locate and Merge Duplicates
You can also merge duplicates in Nimble using the "Find/Merge Duplicates" option. To access this, take the following steps:
- Select a contact record you suspect has a duplicate
- Click on the arrow button next to "Edit" and select Find/Merge Duplicates
- Select the duplicate contact(s) and click on Merge