Nimble's new functionality, custom fields, enables you to collect data about your leads and customers in addition to the standard contact information like first name, last name, email…etc. Now you can capture information unique to your business!
*Note: there is currently a limit of 5 custom tabs in Nimble.
How to Create Custom Fields
1. In Nimble, go to Settings >> Data Fields
2. New custom fields cannot be added to the existing: "Contact Info" or "Other" tab in your contact records. (But you can edit the pre-existing fields Lead Type, Lead Source, and Lead Status under the Contact Info tab. Click here for more info)
You must create a new tab (aka category). To create a new tab, select + New Tab.
3. On the right, Nimble displays your "Field Settings". Label your tab (i.e.. Marketing, Accounting, Sales) and decide if this tab should display in "All Contacts" (company and people records), or "People only" or "Companies only". When you are done, click Apply Changes.
4. Once the tab has been created, you can begin adding fields. Click on + New Field. On the right, under "Field Settings", label your field and determine the field type. Once the field type has been chosen, it cannot be changed.
5. Repeat step 4 to create more fields (+ New Field) for the same tab.
Move your cursor over any field entry and "drag and drop" to re-arrange the order of the fields.
6. To create additional tabs for custom fields, repeat steps 3-5 to add new tabs and fields.
Once you have finished creating these custom tabs and fields, you may go to your contact records to see them.
NOTE: These custom tabs and fields will only appear under "Show all profile information" if there is data stored in them.
7. To make your custom tabs and fields visible, go to the contact record and click Edit
8. Here, you can see the tab(s) you created. Select one of them and enter data in the fields. Press Update.
9. Click on "Show All Profile Information", and now your custom tab and fields are displayed. Repeat steps 7-8 for the other tabs to show.