This is an overview of how to migrate contacts from Salesforce to Nimble.
What can I migrate from Salesforce?
You may migrate your contacts to Nimble and their associated contact data.
What won't I be able to migrate from Salesforce?
You will not be able to migrate the following:
Individually logged notes
What can I do about this important information?
For Notes - You may consolidate notes into the "Description" column on your CSV import, and import notes in a block of text.
For Deals - We do not have support for deal imports at this time, and you will need to migrate data manually into Nimble.
For Messages - We sync messages automatically to Nimble from your email accounts, therefore, we will fetch the previous 90 days' worth of emails when you first connect your email accounts to Nimble, and we will sync all future correspondence.
Migrating Your Contacts via CSV Import
To get started with migrating your contacts from Salesforce via CSV, please take the steps outlined below:
In Salesforce, take the following steps:
1. Go to Reports >> New Report
2. Under “Select Report Type” select the Contacts & Reports folder and select “contacts & accounts”
3. Create the report and select “Run Report”.
4. After running the report, select “Save As” and name your report
5. Select the “Action” down-arrow next to your report and select “Export”
6. Select Unicode (UTF-8) for your Export File Encoding and Comma Delimited (CSV) format for Export File Format. This will download the file to your computer
7. Open the CSV file and remove the “Salutation” column so “First Name” is the first column in the CSV export.
8. Next, change the headers of the columns according to the format of our Default CSV Template which is located here: Nimble CSV Template
9. After reformatting this CSV file, sign into your Nimble account and go to Settings >> Networks & Imports and select “Generic CSV” and import your contacts.
If you have any questions, please write us at email@example.com, initiate a chat from this FAQ, or join one of our Nimble Onboarding and Best Practices sessions, held every weekday at 9 AM PT.