This is an overview of the Nimble Prospector browser extension for Firefox
The Nimble Prospector browser extension allows you to see insights on all of your contacts instantly, anywhere you work. It’s available to use Nimble on top of any existing website or web application you use at your company.
With the browser extension, you can:
- See the "Live Profile" for any person or company - this is a record we automatically build for you, complete with company, location, title, and social insights. All available without needing to create a contact record in Nimble.
- View a Nimble Contact Record from any website to create tasks, view correspondences, or do anything that you might want to do, all without having to open Nimble in a separate tab.
- Access all the functions of Nimble while you work on any website and app.
Here are the steps to install the Nimble Prospector browser extension in Firefox:
- Add the browser extension from the Firefox Extensions Gallery.
( To ensure the browser extension works, please enable cookies for "app.nimble.com" and "nimble.com": Instructions to enable cookies in Firefox. )
2. After you install the browser extension, you may need to restart Firefox.
How do I add a contact profile from anywhere I work?
The Nimble Prospector browser extension is enhanced to work on social networks, and anywhere else you work on the web! You can also highlight text on any website and Nimble will do a text lookup for that contact or company.
For this example, we are going to use Facebook and add a profile.
1. Go to a contact profile page.
2. Click on the Nimble button on the browser toolbar, and we will automatically show that contact's "Live Profile" or bring up their existing contact record.
How do I update existing data fields with the widget?
- Go to a profile on Facebook, and open the widget. If a contact exists in Nimble, we will show you the data fields that differ.
2. If Nimble detects different job titled, location, or companies, you will see an option to "update data fields" with the simply click of a button.
Not on a profile page?
You can add any contact by highlighting test with the widget open in "Magnifier" mode.
- Open the app and hover over a contact's email, their Twitter, or Facebook profile, or highlight their name to look up their record.
- After a moment, we will display their "Live Profile" or their existing contact record.
Multiple look-ups with our "Nimble Magnifier" feature
1. Hover over a contact name link (Facebook, Twitter, profile hyperlinks) or select (highlight) contact information to find matches in Nimble or import contacts to your account.
Watch our overview video below: