This is an overview of the Nimble Smart Contacts App for Safari
The Nimble Smart Contacts App allows you to see insights on all of your contacts instantly, anywhere you work. It’s available to use Nimble on top of any existing website or web application you use at your company. And you can even use the app within your Gmail inbox.
With this app, you can:
- See the "Live Profile" for any person or company - this is a record we automatically build for you, complete with company, location, title, and social insights. All available without needing to create a contact record in Nimble.
- View a Nimble Contact Record from any website to create tasks, view correspondences, or do anything that you might want to do, all without having to open Nimble in a separate tab.
- Access all the functions of Nimble while you work on any website, app, or in your Gmail inbox.
How to Get Started
2. After you install the widget, you may need to restart Safari. To ensure the app works, please enable cookies for "app.nimble.com" and "nimble.com": Instructions to enable cookies in Safari
Please see below for an animated GIF overview of how to add the widget:
How do I add a contact profile from anywhere I work?
The Nimble Smart Contacts App is enhanced to work on Twitter, Facebook, AngelList, CrunchBase, Google+, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Foursquare, Intercom.io. You can also highlight text on any website and Nimble will do a text look up for that contact or company.
For this example, we are going to use Facebook to add a profile.
- Go to a contact profile page.
- Select the Nimble button on the browser toolbar, and we will automatically show that contact's "Live Profile" or bring up their existing Nimble profile.
Update Existing Data Fields with the Widget
- Go to a profile on Facebook, and open the app. If a contact exists in Nimble, we will show you the data fields that differ.
2. If Nimble detects different job titles, location, or companies, you will see an option to "update data fields" with the simple click of a button.
Not on a profile page?You can add any contact by highlighting text with the widget open in "Magnifier" mode.
- Open the app and hover over a contact's email (in Gmail), their Twitter, or Facebook profile, or highlight their name to look up their record.
- After a moment, the widget overlay will appear, and we will display their "Live Profile" or their existing contact record.
Multiple lookups with our "Nimble Magnifier" feature
- Hover over a contact name link (Facebook, Twitter profile hyperlinks) or select (highlight) contact information to find matches in Nimble or import contacts to your account.
Watch our overview video below: