This is an overview of the Nimble Contacts App for Chrome
The Nimble Contacts App allows you to see insights on all of your contacts instantly, anywhere you work. It’s available to use Nimble on top of any existing website or web application you use at your company. And you can even use the app within your Gmail inbox.
With this app, you can:
- See the "Live Profile" for any person or company - this is a record we automatically build for you, complete with company, location, title, and social insights. All available without needing to create a contact record in Nimble.
- View a Nimble Contact Record from any website to create tasks, view correspondences, or do anything that you might want to do, all without having to open Nimble in a separate tab.
- Access all the functions of Nimble while you work on any website, app, or in your Gmail inbox.
Before getting started, make sure that you have Cookies enabled for Nimble in your Chrome's settings.
How do I get started with the app?
- Download it on the Google Chrome Store
- After you install the widget, please restart Chrome to finish the installation process.
- Click on the "Nimble" logo on the top-right menu of Chrome and sign into your account.
4. Once signed in, you'll be good to go to look up your profiles and add more contacts to your Nimble account!
Current App Users: This widget has different permissions than our prior release, and you will need to uncheck and check the "Enabled" box for the extension in chrome://extensions and select "Update Extensions Now" on the top-right, as shown below.
How do I add a contact profile from anywhere I work?
The Nimble Contacts App is enhanced to work on Twitter, Facebook, AngelList, CrunchBase, Google+, HootSuite, Salesforce, Foursquare, Intercom.io.
You can also highlight text on any website and Nimble will do a text look up for that contact or company.
For this example, we are going to use Facebook to add a profile.
- Go to a contact profile page
- Click on the Nimble button on the browser toolbar, and we will automatically show that contact's "Live Profile" or bring up their existing Nimble profile.
Update Existing Data Fields with the Widget
- Go to a profile on Facebook, and open the widget. If a contact exists in Nimble, we will show you the data fields that differ.
2. If Nimble detects different job titles, location, or companies, you will see an option to "update data fields" with the simple click of a button.
Not on a profile page? You can add any contact by highlighting text with the widget open in "Magnifier" mode.
- Open the app and hover over a contact's email (in Gmail), their Twitter, or Facebook profile, or highlight their name to look up their record.
- After a moment, the widget overlay will appear, and we will display their "Live Profile" or their existing contact record.
Multiple lookups with our "Nimble Magnifier" feature
- Hover over a contact name link (Facebook, Twitter profile hyperlinks) or select (highlight) contact information to find matches in Nimble or import contacts to your account.
Watch our overview video below: