Nimble enables you to connect multiple email and social accounts to track communication with your most important customers and prospects.
By connecting your email accounts, you will create a bidirectional sync, enabling you to keep records of past communication, engage directly with your customers from within Nimble and send targeted group messages to nurture your relationships with potential buyers.
How do I connect my email accounts?
As long as your email account is setup for IMAP access, it can be connected to Nimble. We integrate with Office 365, Outlook, personal Gmail, Google Apps and many other email providers.
Once you’ve connected your email accounts, messages will display to your Message tab and to the Pending & History tab of related contact records enabling you to track individual interactions with your customer.
To get started, navigate to your Settings >> Networks & Imports. Next to email accounts, you will see the option to “Connect.”
Connect your personal Gmail and Google Apps for work account via the Gmail connector.
Once the account is connected, the Gmail connector will display the option to “Import Contacts.” Select this option when you are ready to add your Gmail contacts to Nimble.
IMAP is one of the most prevalent Internet standard protocols for email retrieval. By utilizing IMAP, you will be able to connect a GoDaddy, Apple Mail, Yahoo, Thunderbird or another email client to Nimble.
To use IMAP with Nimble, you must first make sure IMAP is enabled in your email provider's settings. Please check your settings or contact your email provider to make sure you have IMAP enabled. For more details, please take a look at the following support article: Setting up your IMAP account with Nimble
Nimble offers two connection options for Office 365 subscribers: “Office 365 (Messages)”, and “Office 365 RestAPI”.
In order to send individual email messages and sync your email history to Nimble, you must be connected to “Office 365 (Messages)”.
To send group messages from Nimble and import contacts, you must also connect to Microsoft’s Rest API using the “Office 365 RestAPI” option.
(Please note when Office 365's two-step verification is on, it may block Nimble from accessing your account unless you have set up an app-specific password. Microsoft goes into more detail in their support article here.).
Connect Multiple Email Accounts to Nimble
To add multiple email accounts to Nimble, click “Add another ___
account” under the currently connected account, like so:
Connecting multiple email accounts, not only allows you to sync all of your messages to one centralized place but you can also set a default account to send messages from.
Nimble will default to this email address whenever you send emails from your Nimble account.
Connecting Social Profiles
In addition to connecting your email accounts to Nimble, we provide you with the ability to connect your social accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Business Page, Instagram and more.
Social accounts can be connected and disconnected at any time within your Settings >> Networks & Imports.
To connect a social account, simply click “Connect”. Each social account will have a different import process.
We offer a full integration with Twitter. Connect your Twitter account to Nimble to sync tweets, comments, mentions, likes and direct messages to your Signals tab and related contact records.
Once you’ve connected the account, you’ll see the option to “Import” which gives you the ability to add your contacts from your social accounts to Nimble.
For Twitter, you’ll have a few options. You can import “All” contacts or just “Friends”, “Following”, “Followers” or a created Twitter list.
Please note: Due to third party API limitation, we currently do not offer a full integration with Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. You may still import your LinkedIn contacts through a CSV file and connect your Facebook and Instagram account to enrich your contact records.
- When connecting social profiles to Nimble, you will need to be currently logged into the account you are connecting. For example, if you would like to connect your company Twitter account but you are currently logged into your personal Twitter account in your browser, Nimble will connect the personal account.
- You will need to connect your personal Facebook account first to be able to connect your Facebook business page.
- Social posts are private to you and your team members will not be able to view them
- Each importer gives you the option to add “Tags”. Use Tags to keep your contact lists organized and separated from your team members.
- You can choose a default email address to send messages from. Once multiple email accounts are connected in Settings >> Networks & Imports, just click "Make Account Default" to make that email address the default.
- Once you connect your email account, we will sync the last 90 days worth of emails and move forward from that point. Emails will sync from the Inbox, Sent, Starred, Archive and Trash folders.