Nimble automatically syncs interactions to contact records in order to help you keep track of communications.
If messages are not syncing to the related contact record in Nimble, there could be a few reasons why. This troubleshooting guide will help you get to the bottom of the issue.
First, learn how to connect your email accounts to Nimble for message syncing.
For tips on how to connect your email accounts to Nimble, click here.
Here are some common reasons why messages are not syncing to a contact record:
- Your email account has not yet been connected to Nimble. The above support article offers steps for connecting your email accounts.
- The connected email account is displaying an error message. Depending on the error message, you may need to either disconnect and reconnect your account or reach out to your email provider. If you are receiving a "Prefetch Error," take a look at this article for some tips on fixing this error.
- The message is not in Nimble at all. When you first connect your email account to Nimble, we'll sync the last 90 days worth of emails and move forward in tracking communication history from that point on. This means older emails will not sync to Nimble and will not appear on the related contact record.
- The contact's email address is not present on the message. We will sync emails to the related contact record if the email address on their contact record matches the email address in the To:, From: or CC: field of the message. If the email address does not appear in these fields, it will not sync to their record.
- The message is not in the correct folder. Nimble syncs messages that are in the Inbox, Sent, Starred, Archive, and Trash folders. If the message has been moved from these fields, it will not appear in Nimble and will not sync to the related contact record.
If you continue to experience issues with messages not syncing to a contact record in Nimble, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the message which displays the subject line, date it was sent, and the To:, From: and CC: field. Thank you! :)